Ready for a Blondie

Blondie
My favorite dessert. Will Kara make it?

Today I turn 31! I am pretty happy with what I have accomplished in my life so far. I have a wonderful family and a great career. It has been a long, insightful journey getting to this point. I am finally starting to feel like I have figured out my place in the world. I'm looking forward to writing and finishing the guidelines of LoveSac's brand bible, which is a direct mirror image of my style.

My personal expectations for the next year are: to create a website, store and blog based on my personal designs; to be more settled in my own home (maybe selling our CA house and buying one here); to have a second child; to be a part of the church we are attending; to have a closer relationship with God; to get back into playing my bass (maybe on the church worship team); to find a regular group of friends to play cards; to be a better person overall and to make lots of new, close friends.

So last night I was looking for a cheesecake recipe, cause I love cheesecake and I was hoping I could get Kara to make one for my birthday tonight. I stumbled onto a picture of Applebee's Blondie dessert. All of a sudden, I remembered how much I love that maple butter topping. So I emailed Kara the receipe for it in hopes that it will be ready for me when I get home. I will let you know if I was successful in persuading her.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Hope you get your 'blondie'!

Benjamin B. Clark said...

Thanks Mel! It didn't happen. But there was a thought that I did count.

Benjamin B. Clark said...

For the record, Kara tried to make it (and still will) once the oven is fixed.

Kara said...

Oops. That was me (Kara).

Nora said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I just know Kara will make your Blondie when the oven is fixed. She is the number one sister, after all!

Benjamin B. Clark said...

I can't wait for it! Have you guys ever had one before?

Nora said...

not me, but if Kara is any good at making it I may request it for Thanksgiving! ;)

Benjamin B. Clark said...

It happened, she made the dessert for me on Thursday, New Years Day. Better late, or now early, than never.